[Recipe] Varlhona Chocolate Fondant
Valentine’s Day is round the corner, how about surprising your the other half by baking him or her the sweetest treat?
- 800g unsalted butter (cubes)
- 12 nos. whole eggs
- 12 nos. egg yolks
- 325g sugar
- 80g flour, sifted
- Assorted berries
- 1 scoop Vanilla ice-cream
- Melt chocolate and butter in a water bath
- Whisk egg in kitchen aid till foamy, then add sugar and whisk till double in volume.
- Slowly fold in egg mixture into chocolate in small batches then Fold in flour and leave it to set over night.
- Place a baking paper on a tray and place a ring mould and add in 100gm of the fondant mixture, place in a 180°C oven for 7 minutes and remove from the mould and serve with vanilla ice cream and berries to decorate.