[Recipe] Octopus with Harissa and Patatas Bravas
The Spanish Octopus ($18) from our regular menu may be easily one of the best in town, supple with a lovely smoky aroma. The accompanying patatas bravas may have almost stole the show, until you try out the all fluffy and crisp Idaho potatoes that makes the whole dish a match make in heaven! Now try our hands on this dish with Chef Michael’s recipe on it.
400g Cooked Spanish octopus legs
1 tbsp Smoked paprika powder
250g Idaho potatoes
4 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise
100g whole garlic
100ml Corn oil
20g Chop chives
4tbsp Harissa paste
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Place garlic and corn oil in a pot and bring to simmer and set aside to infuse flavours.
2) Mix 1 tsp of garlic oil with the Japanese mayonnaise.
3) Marinate the octopus with smoke paprika powder, set aside for 30 minutes.
4) Peel and cut the potatoes into 2cm cubes and fry in 150°C hot oil to semi cook before increasing the heat to 185°C for nice golden brown and crunchy texture.
5) Drain the potatoes and season well with salt and pepper.
6) Draw harissa paste on the plate before putting the potatoes above.
7) Drizzle the potatoes with garlic mayonnaise and sprinkle with chopped chives.
8) Slice the octopus and place above the potatoes to serve.