[Recipe] Octopus with Harissa and Patatas Bravas
The Spanish Octopus ($18) from our regular menu may be easily one of the best in town, supple with a lovely smoky aroma. The accompanying patatas bravas may have almost stole the show, until you try out the all fluffy and crisp Idaho potatoes that makes the whole dish a match make in heaven! Now try our hands on this dish with Chef Michael’s recipe on it.
- 400g Cooked Spanish octopus legs
- 1 tbsp Smoked paprika powder
- 250g Idaho potatoes
- 4 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise
- 100g whole garlic
- 100ml Corn oil
- 20g Chop chives
- 4tbsp Harissa paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place garlic and corn oil in a pot and bring to simmer and set aside to infuse flavours.
- Mix 1 tsp of garlic oil with the Japanese mayonnaise.
- Marinate the octopus with smoke paprika powder, set aside for 30 minutes.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 2cm cubes and fry in 150°C hot oil to semi cook before increasing the heat to 185°C for nice golden brown and crunchy texture.
- Drain the potatoes and season well with salt and pepper.
- Draw harissa paste on the plate before putting the potatoes above.
- Drizzle the potatoes with garlic mayonnaise and sprinkle with chopped chives.
- Slice the octopus and place above the potatoes to serve.