- 400ml of chicken stock
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- 200g Portobello mushroom and 200gm white button mushroom, both thinly sliced
- 2 (30g) shallot, diced
- 150g (1cup) of Arborio rice
- ½ cup (50ml) of white wine
- 10gm chive, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon (40g) butter 40gm
- 60g parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1gm dried thyme
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, warm the chicken stock over low heat.
- Warm the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the mushrooms, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms and their liquid, set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet and stir in the shallots & dried thyme. Cook 1 minute. Add rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 2 minutes. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden colour, pour in white wine, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed. Add 1/2 cup chicken stock to the rice, and stir until it is absorbed. Continue adding chicken stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, approximately for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives, and grated parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.